Kinsol Research, Inc. is a provider of research and development services to advanced technology companies. We specialize in the art of bridging the gap between academia and industry. Innovation is our specialty, whether it is adapting an existing solution to a particular problem or developing a unique approach.We offer a dynamic work environment with challenging and interesting problems, great coffee, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As an engineering service provider, we serve clients who have specific needs in the areas of machine learning, data analysis and computer vision. As such, we are looking for a capable Data Scientist to join the Inference team at Kinsol Research and offer his/her expertise in statistical modeling and machine learning.
- PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, physics or statistics
- 2+ years of experience with Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, jupyter)
- Practical experience in applying machine learning, specially developing models and inference systems
- Experience in scaling up smaller projects and sharing work collaboratively across a wider team
- Sufficient data warehouse and non-relational data techniques knowledge to work effectively with engineering partners
- Practical experience working with AWS, Virtual Machines, or Docker is a big plus
- Build statistical models and inference systems using multiple data sources
- Create visualizations and documentation to explain complex concepts to software analysts and stakeholders
- Provide expertise on quantitative modeling for the broader analytics group
- Communicate results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way
- Collaborate with other areas of the company long-term projects
- Learn, implement and share new methodologies
Please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to: email@example.com with ATTENTION: Data Scientist in the subject line.