Front End Developer – Contract Position
Kinsol Research is seeking a Front End Developer to join our team on a 3 month contract and be responsible for the design and implementation of SaaS enterprise and consumer-facing applications.
We’re looking for an engineer with a broad set of skills who is ready to work at the intersection of big data, mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are involved with client systems that span embedded sensor hardware, mesh networking, and signal processing all the way up to Cloud-based SaaS/web and mobile user applications — this position calls for very strong problem solving, systems thinking, technical breadth and creative innovations well beyond the typical web or desktop applications.
You will make major contributions to the design and implementation of customer facing web applications. You will translate customer and business requirements into high quality user interfaces that support an entire suite of products and services.
- 4+ years experience front end development
- 2+ years experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with additional Web 2.0 tools and techniques including cross domain AJAX, JSON, Bootstrap, cross browser requirements
- Experience integrating data from RESTful APIs and web services into an interactive web application
- Interact with product management: interpret requirements/specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux-based dev-ops model where you are highly involved in how your systems are deployed, monitored and utilized internally and externally in our production SaaS platform
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test driven development and test automation
- Experience with GIT and knowledge of other source control tools
- Flexible, team oriented and excellent communication skills
- Experience with business intelligence and analytics software, such as Tableau, and associated data warehouse design
- Experience with dynamic frameworks such as AngularJS and D3.js
- Experience working with Liferay, WordPress, Drupal, Django or other portal and CMS
- Combination of start-up and large company experience
Kinsol Research, Inc. is a provider of research and development services to advanced technology companies. We specialize in the art of bridging the gap between academia and industry. Innovation is our speciality, whether it is adapting an existing solution to a particular problem instance or developing a unique approach.
We offer a dynamic work environment with challenging and interesting problems, great coffee and foosball.
Please send a resume and cover letter in pdf form to: email@example.com with ATTENTION: Front End Developer in the subject line.