Kinsol Research provides research and development services to startups and mature technology companies. We operate at the forefront of emerging technology, with expertise in Big Data, Machine Learning, and Sensor Networks – making us invaluable to our clients.
We are hiring a Full Stack Developer to contribute to our growing roster of projects. The ideal candidate will be a driven team player who takes ownership, collaborates effectively, and champions ideas from whiteboard to production.
We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems, centrally located offices with harbour views in Vic West – minutes from downtown, foosball tournaments, great coffee, and a comprehensive health and dental plan.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, with thorough experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, Java, C/C++)
- 1+ years of experience building distributed systems
- 1+ years of experience with one or more web frameworks (Django, Rails, Node)
- 1+ years of experience with one or more modern frontend web frameworks (Angular, React)
- 1+ years of experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- 1+ years of experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ)
- 1+ years of experience with distributed version control(Git, Mercurial)
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD (CircleCI, TravisCI, TeamCity)
- 1+ years of experience in a primarily Linux environment
- Understanding of fault tolerance and horizontal/vertical scaling
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with big data processing (Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
- Works well in a team environment and is able to collaborate with external teams to tease out complex dependencies
Please send a resume and cover letter in PDF form to:
email@example.com with the subject line “ATTENTION: Full-stack Developer”