Scientific Programmer – Contract Position
Kinsol Research is seeking a talented inference specialist to join our team on a three month contract. The position will primarily consist of helping to develop a parking guidance system, but it may involve work on other projects as well. As a collaborative member you will be expected to draw upon your research experience to help solve challenging problems and to effectively communicate your ideas to other team members.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- An understanding of machine learning techniques such as probabilistic reasoning, neural networks and hidden Markov models
- Exposure to research, able to find, read and apply technical publications such as academic conference proceedings and patents
- Experience with C/C++, Python and similar programming languages
- Ability to rapidly prototype concepts using 3rd party tools such as opencv, scipy, nltk and pandas
- Familiar with modular development and object-oriented concepts
- Comfortable working with Ubuntu linux
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work in a deadline-oriented team environment
- Experience with the theory and application in the following areas: digital signal processing, graph algorithms, image classification, natural language processing, firmware and embedded systems, 802.15.4 wireless communication.
Kinsol Research, Inc. is a provider of research and development services to advanced technology companies. We specialize in the art of bridging the gap between academia and industry. Innovation is our speciality, whether it is adapting an existing solution to a particular problem instance or developing a unique approach.
We offer a dynamic work environment with challenging and interesting problems, great coffee and foosball.
Please send a resume and cover letter in pdf form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTENTION: Scientific Programmer – Inference Specialist in the subject line.