Kinsol Research is looking for a technically oriented software generalist to join our development team. We solve all sorts of computing problems and are looking for our next team member to assist us with our projects. You will be a collaborative member that will be asked to program in whatever environment is required for the job; act as a research assistant; a hardware technician; a technical writer; and be able to multi-task among projects and work independently.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with C/C++, Python, and similar programming languages
- Strong software development skills: familiar with modular development, object oriented concepts, version control, testing and documentation
- Web application development, strong understanding of client/server architecture and the HTTP request/response cycle
- Comfortable in Ubuntu server environments
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the theory and application of a few of the following areas: digital signal processing, probabilistic reasoning, graph algorithms, text classification, firmware and embedded systems, 802.15.4 wireless communication
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services, ability to design decoupled, fault tolerant, highly scalable, highly available system architectures
- Exposure to research, ability to find, read, and apply technical publications such as academic conference proceedings and patents
- Experience assembling and debugging hardware
Kinsol Research, Inc. is a provider of research and development services to advanced technology companies. We specialize in the art of bridging the gap between academia and industry. Innovation is our specialty, whether it is adapting an existing solution to a particular problem or developing a unique approach.
We offer a dynamic work environment with challenging and interesting problems, great coffee, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send a resume and cover letter in pdf form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTENTION: Software Developer/Analyst in the subject line.